When we focus on well-being...
Today we feel immediate benefits, like more energy and more happiness. We are more engaged and productive at work and home.
Tomorrow the daily benefits accumulate to better our health by helping us avoid chronic conditions and injury.
In the future, the quality of our life in retirement is improved.
To be Better Every Day, we support members to Live Healthy, Feel Good, and Get Care.
Every day we are faced with choices that influence our energy, health, and our and our family’s future. We want healthy behaviors to be the easier choice every day. Components of living healthy include:
- Physical activity
- Healthy eating
- Weight management
- Tobacco cessation
How you feel emotionally impacts your physical and mental health. It colors every experience and influences those around us. With attention and care you can strive to feel better every day. Components of feeling good are:
- Stress management & resilience
- Sense of purpose and community
- Meaningful and supportive relationships
- Communication, managing emotions & conflict resolution
- Financial well-being
At HSS, we want the best, affordable care for our members. We regularly evaluate the quality of our benefits and keep premiums competitive and copays low. By accessing preventive care you can keep costs down and improve your health at the same time. Components of getting care includes:
- Taking advantage of all services covered as preventive care (regular screenings, pre-natal care, breast pumps, women’s health, dental check ups, vision exams, etc.)
- Being an informed consumer of healthcare services
- Managing both physical and mental health conditions
- Accessing the right level of care (urgent care, nurselines, etc.)
- Taking advantage of cost-saving benefits like FSAs, prescription programs, and voluntary benefits
- Preparing for the future with Advanced Directives and voluntary benefits.
HSS WELL-BEING TEAM CORE VALUES:
We believe you choose your well-being priorities and we are here to serve as a resource to help you on your journey. We strive to:
- Make well-being opportunities more accessible so they can become part of life every day
- Offer evidence-based information and resources
- Maintain focus on core concepts, but offer a fresh perspective on well-being basics
- Simplify complex concepts to make well-being easier and achievable
- Tailor when possible and appropriate
- Seek innovative solutions
- Inspire organizational commitment to a culture of well-being